Double Reed Online
The latest news and event announcements from around the double reed world.
Dear IDRS Friends and Colleagues,
I am writing today to extend my greetings as the newly appointed Bassoon Editor of The Double Reed. In the interest of avoiding the web phenomenon of tldnr (Too Long. Did Not Read), I will provide the following (hopefully interesting) information in bullet form:
- Assistant Professor of Bassoon and Music Theory at Shenandoah Conservatory (Winchester, VA) since 2009
- MM and DMA from Michigan State University; studied with Michael Kroth
- BME (music education) from The Ohio State University; studied with Christopher Weait
- Originally from Newark, OH
- Appointed Bassoon Editor of The Double Reed in July 2012
- Dedicated IDRS editing email account: firstname.lastname@example.org
- More information available at www.ryanromine.net
My Goals for The Double Reed
- Publish articles that are not only academically and professionally rigorous but are also highly readable
- Establish a regular series of invited articles by professionals in the various fields
- Encourage writing that focuses on successful teaching philosophies and methodology
- Provide a platform for younger writers and new professionals while still maintaining the importance of established, experienced voices
- Safeguard The Double Reed’s appeal and applicability to the many different groups–student, teacher, academe, dedicated amateur, etc.–that constitute the journal’s readership.
If you have any questions, concerns, or ideas related to the content and continued growth of the print journal, please do not hesitate to contact me at email@example.com.
All the Best,
-Ryan D. Romine