Topic: Exercise regimens!

Hello all, I was wondering if any of you have any specific exercise routines that you think improve your playing! I'm preparing a recital right now and am hoping to improve my endurance, and I knew a cor anglais player who used to run in preparation for playing long solos... any recommendations? Specific strength training that may make it easier to hold the bassoon? This is the first non-exam recital I've done, and what I remember most about playing them in the past is how exhausted I was by the last piece!

Re: Exercise regimens!

Walking, cycling and running is best exercise for health. There are no any disadvantages of it for any age. Better to do any exercise in morning or before taking dinner because it is great time  for doing exercise.

<a href=http://www.spelaspel.se/bingo/>bingo online</a>

HATHA YOGA - great for breathing and physical flexibility.  I did it for 2 years and felt better than I've ever felt - so I stopped!   :-)  Jim

James Jeter, D.M.A., NYC Bassoonist
"To love human beings is still the only thing worth living for; without that love, you really do not live." Soren Kierkegaard
"Whatever you do will be insignificant, but it is very important that you do it." Mahatma Gandhi  "Mach' es kurz! Am Juengsten Tag ist's nur ein Furz!" Goethe

Add swimmg to the list of cardio workouts that help all the body. As to your embouchure endurance for the recital, that has to be improved by progessive playing routines, increasing both time and intensity of your musical workouts. You probably know how to do this; just dind the time and the personimpetus to proceed.

Dr. Bill Dawson, bassoonist and teacher
IDRS medical consultant
Past President, Performing Arts Medicine Assoc.
Author of "Fit as a Fiddle: The Musician's Guide to Playing Healthy"