If you just going to recored your lessons and practice and nothing else, the H1 is the way to go. Easier to use than H2 and has almost the same sound quality - the difference is very small. I use it myself and couldn't be more happier.
- Records in WAV up to 24 Bit/96 kHz, and in mp3 up to 320 kBit
- has the same mics as the H4n
- one button to start/stop the recording
- buttons, not menues, to decide the format, low cut or auto level
- 10hrs recording time on one AA battery.
- the latest firmware, 2.0, lets you use it as a external mic for your computer
Oh, and it's cheeper than most handy recording devices.
The only down sides are that it has a plastic feel to it and no accessories in the box so getting the extra kit is more or less a must.
But if you want something more pro, go for the new H2n, not the old H2.
Last edited by Hubbe (2012-01-09 12:56:25)