Topic: Cimarosa Oboe Concerto -- Band Accompaniment Arrangement?

Hello everyone,
I have a good friend and colleague trying to locate an arrangement of the Cimarosa Oboe Concerto for band (as opposed to the orchestral accompaniment).

I remember Marc Fink posting a while back saying that he had a version at Trevco. It seems this arrangement is no longer available. I have them doing the research to find another source.  I know there are many other versions out there which were arranged by various arrangers in the Military bands. I cannot seem to locate a readily available arrangement.

Does anyone have any leads on where I might find an arrangement?

Thanks,
Shawn

Shawn Reynolds
Professor of Oboe/EH - Youngstown State University
Howland Schools - MS (director of bands); HS (Asst. Dir of Bands, Marching, Symphonic)

Re: Cimarosa Oboe Concerto -- Band Accompaniment Arrangement?

Hey Shawn.  Marc's arrangement is indeed available from TrevCo-Varner Music and possibly other music dealers, but since it was arranged for oboe with the accompaniment of WW10 (double woodwind quintet) it does not show up if you search Ob/Band on their site.  Search Cimarosa and you will see it.  Trevor

Trevor Cramer
Owner, TrevCo Music Publishing

Thanks Trevor

Shawn Reynolds
Howland Schools - MS (director of bands); HS (Asst. Dir of Bands, Marching, Symphonic)

HI everyone,
Not having much luck. There are now about 5 different individuals in my immediate area trying to locate an arrangement for oboe and band of the Cimarosa. There are two European companies that have it, however we have called and no one is responding. We know of the Marc Fink Arrangement for WW10tet, however we really need a full band arrangement as it is a high school group. Any leads or help is greatly appreciated!

Shawn

Shawn Reynolds

Wonder if the Marine Band or any other service band has ever arranged it?

They've had plenty of good oboists over the years so I'm sure that is possible.

Delmar,
I too think that there are several military band arrangements. However, most of the time my experience has been that they won't loan them out. I don't have any connections in that way either. Maybe I will arrange it myself! :-)

Shawn

Shawn Reynolds

Shawn, With an intelligent conductor Mark Fink's accompaniment could be played by a decent high school band. With a full band arrangement (and an unintelligent conductor) I fear the oboe would not be heard. crw

Christopher Weait,
Principal bassoon, Toronto Symphony (1968 - 1985)
IDRS Honorary Member; Emeritus professor Ohio State University
www.weaitmusic.com

I received this email from IDRS member Barbara Grover:

Jerry Lackey has done an arrangement of the accompaniment for concert band of the Cimarosa Oboe Concerto. Gail Warnaar has it listed in her online catalog.

http://catalog.doublereedshop.com/shop/ … _algo=95.1

Double Reed Shop Online
CIMAROSA / Lackey 1749-1801    Instrumentation: Ob-Wind Ens
Concerto for Oboe and Strings
Level: V
DRShop Comments: Wind ensemble accomp.
$90.00

Last edited by delmar (2012-03-08 20:09:32)

Thanks so much Delmar!

Shawn

Shawn Reynolds