Topic: Endorsing Marvin Roth's Advanced Etudes

Dear Colleagues, "This is an unpaid and unrequested endorsement for Marvin Roth’s “30  Melodic Studies for Bassoon (Advanced Level)".

The studies are musical, demanding in places and clearly notated on one page each. They remind me of the Bianchi and Garfield Etudes: enjoyable to play and written by a bassoonist who knows what we need to work on to stay in shape. I believe players who are looking for material to supplement or vary their usual menu of study material will enjoy playing these studies.

They are published by Mr.Roth and are available from him for $15.00 each plus postage at:

60 Park Terrace West: A 74, New York City, 10034-1305 USA (tel 212/567-3444) e-mail <let’stuneup@aol.com> "

Christopher Weait,
Principal bassoon, Toronto Symphony (1968 - 1985)
IDRS Honorary Member; Emeritus professor Ohio State University
www.weaitmusic.com

Re: Endorsing Marvin Roth's Advanced Etudes

I support Chris' comments about Marvin Roth's 30 Melodic Studies.  The covers are dated but the contents are timeless! He also has two duet books that are equally entertaining and educating.  I think you will find these available from many of the fine music retailers also, such as Eble, TrevCo-Varner, Hickeys and others.

Trevor Cramer
Owner, TrevCo Music Publishing

Re: Endorsing Marvin Roth's Advanced Etudes

This is to make two corrections to my previous post about Marvin Roth's etudes. Should you wish to contact him directly about his music his address is New York City, NY (I left the state out of his mailing address) and his e-mail should NOT have an apostrophe (Sorry, I'm from the analog age). Thus, his e-mail is <letstuneup@aol.com> His music is continues to be available from sheet music retailers specializing in double reed music.

Christopher Weait,
Principal bassoon, Toronto Symphony (1968 - 1985)
IDRS Honorary Member; Emeritus professor Ohio State University
www.weaitmusic.com