Topic: Who will be in NYC?

I am planning my summer and may be one or two days at the conference. I hope there are some French bassoonists there. Will there be a MidWest booth too, Trent? Hope so... I had so much fun in Oxford. It's be nice to be back to my old stomping grounds,
Steve

Principal bassoonist, Orquesta Sinfonica de Galicia, A Coruña, Spain. Bassoonist, bassoon dad, bassoon husband, bassoon uncle, bassoon brother and bassoon son.

Re: Who will be in NYC?

I'm sure all the major vendors will be there. We're planning on it. :-)

A year or so ago I know that Buffet brought a French bassoon, Francois had it out. My reeds worked OK on it, surprisingly, but I had no idea what to do with my fingers!

M.M.A., D.M.A. University of Illinois at Urbana/Champaign: B.Mus. Lawrence University
Bassoon professor at University of Wisconsin Eau-Claire
Maker of the Little-Jake electric bassoon pickup and Weasel bassoon reeds

Good to hear you are going, I tried the Buffet in Oxford. Loved it! I couldn't put it down. Hopefully there is a Ducasse there, that would be exciting, the new French bassoon that was recently developed, those look beautiful.
I heard there may be a few French players too ... hoping.
I am also excited about the new Fox instruments and the new Bassoforte from Wolf, the bassoon version of the Contraforte. Lots if new stuff...
Can't wait, - Steve

Principal bassoonist, Orquesta Sinfonica de Galicia, A Coruña, Spain. Bassoonist, bassoon dad, bassoon husband, bassoon uncle, bassoon brother and bassoon son.

Oops, I do mean French system players, whatever nationality. smile