Topic: Beethoven trio, Op 87

Is anyone aware of an arrangement of the Beethoven trio Op87 (originally for 2 oboes and English horn) for flute/clarinet/bassoon?

Thanks!

Nancy

"There are 2 means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Re: Beethoven trio, Op 87

I am currently coaching a group just as above, but they are playing the arrangement for oboe, clarinet and bassoon.  The flutist is playing the oboe part very well with an occasional octave displacement.  It sounds very good.

Scott Pool

"The Ornaments look pretty, but they're pulling down the branches of the tree." - Cake

Publications of the Op. 87 trio for flute, clarinet and bassoon:

Beethoven, L.    Grand Trio en Ut, Op.87    Gerard Billandot, n.d.
Beethoven, L.    Trio, Op.87                            Musica Rara

Christopher Weait,
Principal bassoon, Toronto Symphony (1968 - 1985)
IDRS Honorary Member; Emeritus professor Ohio State University
www.weaitmusic.com

Thanks guys!

I just ordered it from Trevco-Varner.  I'll have to remember the trick of searching for oboe/clarinet/bassoon as well as flute/clarinet/bassoon.

Nancy

"There are 2 means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Speaking of Beethoven trios - I'm wondering what folks think about the Beethoven Trio in G for Flute, Bassoon and Piano. I've often wondered if this piece was actually written by Beethoven. Perhaps the musicologists on this list might have some input - the bassoon part seems so strange and not at all typical of the usual Beethoven bassoon writing. Thanks in advance for any future response on this.  Jim

James Jeter, D.M.A., NYC Bassoonist
"To love human beings is still the only thing worth living for; without that love, you really do not live." Soren Kierkegaard
"Whatever you do will be insignificant, but it is very important that you do it." Mahatma Gandhi  "Mach' es kurz! Am Juengsten Tag ist's nur ein Furz!" Goethe