Topic: Profile name change

Hello IDRS Forum,

Do I need to ask an admin to change my profile name?  I would like it to simply be my name:  Jim Westhoff

I am starting up a tiny business enterprise selling musician products (mostly double reed stuff), and would prefer my proper name be more visible to promote it.  If it's OK with the admins, I would like to use the 'Classified Ads' section of the forum to help get the word out about my products.  I also don't want to inundate the forum with too many posts/ads (I know that can get annoying).  What type of frequency is suggested?

Thanks,
Jim

"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens."  --Jimi Hendrix

Music Stand Shelves (reed cases, mandrels, & drying racks coming soon):
www.jimwesthoff.com/products

Re: Profile name change

Can you change it under identity in your profile?  Try changing your real name.  I haven't tried fiddling with mine but if that doesn't work I bet Yoshi can change it for you.  Good luck.

Using the classifieds should be fine.  I don't think there is a frequency limit.  I suppose if you sent too many messages and everyone else's messages got buried some might not be happy smile but I think you should be fine within reason.  Ads are deleted after 3 months so your ads would stay there for 3 months and then you could put them up again if you wanted to.

Dr. Kent Moore
Principal Lecturer In Bassoon and Theory
Northern Arizona University

I have changed your username to "Jim Westhoff"

Yoshi

Yoshi Ishikawa
Professor of Bassoon, University of Colorado at Boulder, College of Music
Editor, IDRS OnLine Publications

Thank you very much!

And, thank you, Kent, for insight about posting ads.

Cheers,
Jim

"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens."  --Jimi Hendrix

Music Stand Shelves (reed cases, mandrels, & drying racks coming soon):
www.jimwesthoff.com/products