Topic: Rotary whisper key lock(s).

It is my understanding, perhaps from reading somewhere here on this forum, that switching from a Fox Type 1 (plunger) RH whisper key lock to a Fox Type 3 (rotary) is straight forward and even uses the same screw holes.  Can anyone confirm that to be the case?  Taking my bassoon in for grooming/maintenance soon and thought this would be a nice upgrade.  Thanks.

Re: Rotary whisper key lock(s).

This is fairly true, But occasionally the pancake key-whisper key bridge, and the whisper key lock tab may need some subtle filing to get everything into proper regulation. I've did quite a few of these, and some were just an easy switch out, others it took some time to get them just right, but it is a rather minor detail if you choose to have it done. I do think it is very much worth it to go to the rotary style lock-Much more accessible and user friendly.

Taylor Bassoon Services
723 Steamboat Ct
Ottawa, IL 61350
PH-815-343-2492

I like the rotary whisper key lock.

i can confirm as well - i just had the switch from my plunger to a rotary style RH lock on my Fox 220. its in the same place as the previous kind. its a fairly simple switch and my repair guy did it pretty quickly (we called ahead so he had the parts). im so glad i switched to the rotary - its so much easier to use and well worth the money