Topic: Beverly Hills Music Festival -- oboists, last call

Dear Oboists,

JUST OVER 2 WEEKS remain until the deadline -- If you are interested, please act soon!  Thank you.  Here below is the posting that you may have seen about a month ago:

The Beverly Hills International Music Festival is in it’s 4th year of existence, and is fast becoming recognized for its outstanding quality. This summer will be my first as a faculty member. During the 10-day period, August 3-13, oboe students will each have three private lessons, plus chamber music coaching by some of the very best teachers/players in the Los Angeles area. The orchestra will rehearse and perform a variety of works, including Beethoven 1st Symphony. In addition, there will be several faculty recitals and a couple of student recitals as well. The venue is the beautiful and historic Beverly Hills Presbyterian Chuch right in the heart of Beverly Hills. Despite a rather full schedule, there will still be some time left over for sight-seeing, and perhaps even a trip to the beach.

If you haven’t already made your summer plans and would like to be involved in this program, I urge you to apply. There are currently openings for four oboe players. The program is designed for high school, college, and young professionals (age 16-30+), and includes individual lessons, master classes, and orchestral training. Students will have the opportunity to perform solo works as well as participate in wind quintets and chamber orchestra repertoire. If you have any questions, feel free to write me back and I’ll respond right away. Deadline for applications is June 1, 2007. Scholarships exist, but are very limited. An audition CD or videotape should include three contrasting works. Approximately 5-7 minutes total of music is sufficient. You do not have to play complete movements, and you do not need to use an accompanist. It is not necessary to make your audition recording in a professional studio – just be sure that there isn’t too much reverb (don’t record in your bathroom!), and be sure to test your CD or video on a different player from which it was recorded before sending it in.

Application fee: $100
Tuition: $1200
If you don’t live in the Los Angeles area:  Deeply discounted hotel accommodations are provided by the Residence Inn by Marriott, Beverly Hills (with 3 meals per day) $1090 per person, double occupancy. Plans for hotel with breakfast only, and/or single occupancy rooms are available. Please check out the website:  www.bhmusicfestival.org

Thank you!
David Weiss
weiss440@ca.rr.com