Topic: Problems with drop down menu bars

When I go to the menu on the left side of the main page the drop down list appears, but when I bring the cursor over them they disappear. I can point on the first choice, but as soon as I move downward the list disapears. Any one have any ideas how to fix this problem, or tell me what I may be doing wrong.

Thanks,
Wayne

Re: Problems with drop down menu bars

Hi Wayne:

Are you referring to this main page http://idrs2.colorado.edu/home/index.html and as an example "About IDRS"? You have to be really careful to keep the cursor directly to the right of the selection.  If you go out of bounds it disappears.  Let me know if there is another area you are referring to.  Kent

Dr. Kent Moore
Principal Lecturer In Bassoon and Theory
Northern Arizona University

Hi,

Yes, that is exactly the area I mean. I have tried all four corners, but as soon as I move the cursor down all the drop downs disapear. I can click on the top box and it will open, but that is the only one I can get to. Thanks for your offer of help.

Wayne

Download a newer browser... Try Firefox 2: firefox.com

Hi Wayne:

Omjeremy is onto something.  I use Firefox 2 and it works fine.  I just tried it in Internet Explorer 7 and I get the same results as you do.  The menu disappears when you move the cursor down.  One of the 3 people listed at the bottom of the page might be able to look into this (Yoshi, Terry or Saxton).  Perhaps they will see this thread soon or do you want to write to one of them?  Take care, Kent

Dr. Kent Moore

I'm sorry you're having trouble. I had corrected this problem for earlier versions of IE 7 and was unaware it was not working. I'll look into this immediately.

Associate Professor of Bassoon, University of North Carolina School of the Arts
Principal Bassoon, Winston-Salem Symphony
Bassoon, Zéphyros Winds
Associate Editor, IDRS.org

Thanks Saxton!

Dr. Kent Moore

I actually had this same problem several months ago -- Yoshi wrote me back and said it must be my browser. I have tried various different things and it still does it on various computers. Thanks for looking at the problem Saxton -- appreciated.

Shawn

Shawn Reynolds
Professor of Oboe/EH - Youngstown State University
Howland Schools - MS (director of bands); HS (Asst. Dir of Bands, Marching, Symphonic)

Hi All,
Health problems sidetracked me this past week, so I was not able to get back on this topic. I have found that if I place my cursor over the top drop down menu and then press & hold the left mouse button the remainding menus do not dissapear. The cursor pointer becomes a circle with a slash in it as I move it down. I move this circle over my choice and then click again to open the chosen menu. It seems to work everytime so far. Hope this helps anyone else having a similar problem. Thanks for everyones input on this.

Wayne

The rollover issue should be fixed. Please let me know if anyone is still having problems.

Bassoon, Zéphyros Winds

Thanks, Saxton, for your work on this. I had troubles with the updated version of Internet Explorer on the site as of last summer. I tested Internet Explorer and Firefox this morning and both are fine with the rollover. Great!

Terry

Terry Ewell
Professor Bassoon, Towson University
Former President, IDRS
Former Principal Bassoon Hong Kong Philharmonic, Wheeling Symphony

Hmm... I'm still having this problem.  Can't get to the menus to change my address.

Drew

Using Internet Explorer, by the way.

Drew

Hi Drew:
I am sorry it is not working for you.  It is working for me on both Firefox 2 and Internet Explorer 7.  Are you using an earlier version of IE.  If I can find an earlier version I will test it and get back to you.  Kent

Dr. Kent Moore

I thought my old computer would have an old version of IE on it but it doesn't so I couldn't check that out for you.  Anyway maybe you are using IE 7.  If not, that might be the key.  Kent

Dr. Kent Moore

Oops, told you wrong.  I'm using Safari (version 2.0.4), not IE.  In any case, I don't have the option of changing it, since I'm just using the university's computer labs.  Does anyone know who I should contact to change my address, since I can't get to the online forms?

Thanks,
Drew

Hi Drew:

That explains it, I guess.  The menus don't work in Safari.  Try contacting Norma for your address change.  Her e-mail is on this page. http://www.doublereed.org/IDRSBBS/profile.php?id=126   Kent

Dr. Kent Moore

Or one other thought.  You could borrow or find a computer with Firefox or IE on it and access everything from there.  Kent

Dr. Kent Moore

Thanks, Kent.  I'll just send Norma an e-mail for now.  I can get to the forums fine from here, and that's usually all I need.

Cheers,
Drew

I use Safari and the drop-down menus work just fine. It must be something else.

Sydney

I just tried again (same computer), and today it works.  Very strange.

Cheers,
Drew

I'm a newby with IDRS and I'm experiencing the described problem with the drop down menues on two separate machines running IE 6.0 (and before I get a chorus of "switch to Foxfire" or "switch to IE 7.0, I will ask everyone to understand that in some computing environments, those are not available options).  Any other suggestions would be most welcome.

Looking forward to participating in the forum.

Ned Hughes

Hi Ned,
Yoshi and are very close to going live with an entirely new version of the IDRS website. Unfortunately you'll have to wait for that as we are concentrating our efforts to that end. Thanks for your patience.

Bassoon, Zéphyros Winds

Saxton,
Thanks for the response.  Had I bothered to dig further into the forum, I would have seen what you doing with the website.  I look forward to the changes.

Ned