Topic: Armenian music for oboe

I am currently trying to find any music in print written for oboe and piano, or oboe solo, by Armenian composers. Every time I have found one listed online, it has been out of print or lost by the publishers.

Does anyone know of any pieces that were written by Armenian composers for this instrumentation? I know about the Arutunian for oboe, horn and piano, but unfortunately for my purposes it has to be for solo oboe or oboe and piano.

Many thanks in advance!

Re: Armenian music for oboe

I just had a conversation last night with a friend who is doing his DMA dissertation on Arutunian. I think I remember him mentioning an out-of-print piece for oboe and piano, but I may be mistaken. I'll ask him.

I think we have an oboe idrs member who was in Armenia for a semester or perhaps longer.  I alerted her to this post, so we should here something from her soon.

Last edited by delmar (2016-03-26 15:52:51)

The contact I had wasn't in Armenia as long as I thought she was so that idea won't work.

I have another idea.  I don't know this person at all, but he works for the orchestrA in Yerevan, and I am sure he could get you in touch with Armenian oboists.  Try contacting him. http://padaryan.com/about.html

William Safford wrote:

I just had a conversation last night with a friend who is doing his DMA dissertation on Arutunian. I think I remember him mentioning an out-of-print piece for oboe and piano, but I may be mistaken. I'll ask him.

Zan Avbelj from the Oboists of the World Facebook page confirms a piece similar to this Will.""" I have something from Arutunian... for oboe/piano.  It's a Concert in G major for oboe and orchestra..(but with piano accompaniment)'''

If you use facebook this is the link for this thread...
https://www.facebook.com/groups/oboisti … 2543085868

Last edited by delmar (2016-03-28 17:23:40)

Thank you so much for your replies! I am not a member of that group on facebook; does he provide a link at all to the music?