Topic: IDRS website login problems

I have not been able to log in to the IDRS web site.  I get the following error:
Error
An error occurred while processing your request:

File: members3.taf
Position: RecordList
Class: Internal
Main Error Number: -4

Unable to connect to the specified data source.
Verify that data source is properly configured and that database server is online.

What is my next move?

Rich Gordley

Re: IDRS website login problems

Hi Rich:

I am sorry I don't have an explanation at the moment, but you might feel better in knowing that I get the same message right now so it is not a problem on your end.  Maybe it will be fixed soon for us.  Kent

Dr. Kent Moore
Principal Lecturer In Bassoon and Theory
Northern Arizona University

Hi Rich:

I can log in now so I hope it was just a temporary problem for you too.  Kent

Dr. Kent Moore

Well now I can log in but when I try to access scores I get Access denied and a link to log in again which leads in a circle.  I am completely frustrated in trying to use what is touted as a perk of IDRS membership.

Rich Gordley

Hi again Rich:

First I tried to access some of the scores using Firefox and I received the same Access Denied message you did.  Then I used Internet Explorer 7.0 and I got in.  Try IE or another browser if you have it.  I am not sure what the problem is with Firefox.  Kent

Dr. Kent Moore

Thanks Kent,

This is exactly the problem. I guess there are still web sites that are IE specific - that didn't occur to me.

Rich Gordley

I am using IE and I have the same problem.  It is driving me a little nuts. 

Wendy Raines

Hi Wendy:

I just tried it again on my internet explorer version 7 and it is working.  I don't know if it will help for you to clear cache and cookies and be sure a firewall isn't blocking anything.  Those things can sometimes help but I am not sure that is the problem.  We might have to wait for someone who knows more about these things to help us.  Kent

Dr. Kent Moore

I hope someone out there can help me.

I'm able to log in to the IDRS Forum and make postings but not the other parts of the website (to download sheet music).

When I go to the music part of the website it asks me to log in again, and then it says it does not recognize my username and password. 

So I then ask for my user name and password to be emailed to me, after I enter my surname and street address the site recognizes me as a member and says that the information has been emailed to me - but I never receive the email.

Maybe I set things up with two different user names and passwords for different parts of the site but I don't remember doing this and I can't figure this out if I can't receive the email with my password and log in name.

In fact, in about a year or so of membership I've never been able to log on to certain parts of the website. 

I've used Firefox, Internet Explorer and Safari on both Macs and PC's and this keeps happening.

Thanks in advance for any pointers.

Hi Mark,

I'm sorry you're having problems. We are monitoring these issues and will be addressing both the login and general site-wide difficulties people have been having shortly. Again, sorry you're not able to login but we hope to correct this problem very soon.

Associate Professor of Bassoon, University of North Carolina School of the Arts
Principal Bassoon, Winston-Salem Symphony
Bassoon, Zéphyros Winds
Associate Editor, IDRS.org

URGENT!  Lost & Found

There have been numerous items recovered from the IDRS conference in Ithaca. If you have lost anything, please check with me about claiming them. There are several very valuable items in my posession, including 2 pair of glasses. I would like to return them to their rightful owners.

Norma R. Hooks
Executive Secretary/Treasurer
Exhibit Coordinator
International Double Reed Society

Here is a temporary solution by a member.

I have now been able to download stuff, although it was difficult. The page views correctly in Firefox, but does not display correctly in Explorer (there are gaps in the pop-up menus on the left side that prevent you accessing anything other than the first link). However, it seems the cookie does not work in Firefox!
I have resolved this by installing the "IE Tab" plugin in firefox, that allows you to display explorer as a window within firefox. I use two tabs, login to idrs in one Explorer tab, and then navigate to the page I want, switch to IE, and download. Phew! I am sure it is not meant to be this hard ...

Thanks for telling me I'll receive the back issues! I will certainly renew in January.

Best regards,
Jeremy.

Yoshi Ishikawa
Professor of Bassoon, University of Colorado at Boulder, College of Music
Editor, IDRS OnLine Publications

The rollover issue should be fixed. Please let me know if anyone is still having problems.

Associate Professor of Bassoon, University of North Carolina School of the Arts
Principal Bassoon, Winston-Salem Symphony
Bassoon, Zéphyros Winds
Associate Editor, IDRS.org