Topic: Message from Keith Sweger, President of the IDRS

IDRS Members,

As we approach our 2017 conference at Lawrence University in Appleton, Wisconsin, I write to remind you to renewal your membership for 2017 and, if you have not already done so, to register for our upcoming conference.  It promises to be a great week for all.

Additionally, I ask you to consider helping the IDRS assist a deserving young musician.  As you probably know, the IDRS annually sponsors the Young Artist competition, with three finalists competing at the conference.  The IDRS supports these finalists with their travel and housing.  This year, the alternate for the Young Artist competition, who is from Germany, would like to attend the conference but is in need of financial assistance.  I am asking any member who would like to assist this young bassoonist travel to and attend our conference to email me directly (sweger@idrs.org) and to join me in offering a donation in order to help this young bassoonist. Donations will be run through our Sponsor-a-Member program.  I ask that you contact me by Wednesday, May 31st.  Following that date, I will work with our YAC chair, Isabel Jeremias, in organizing the pledged donations and in assisting our young bassooni st with travel and housing.  If you have any questions about this request, please email me.  Thank you for your continued support of the IDRS and support for worthy projects such as this.  Best,

kws
------------------------------------
Keith Sweger
Professor of Bassoon
Ball State University
Muncie, IN  47306
W: 765-285-5511
ksweger@bsu.edu

President, International Double Reed Society
www.idrs.org
sweger@idrs.org