Topic: Meet Anthony Georgeson the new Associate Principal Bassoon Atlanta Sym

https://www.facebook.com/ATLSymphonyMus … mp;theater

ATL Symphony Musicians

Our second installment of #MusicianMonday features new associate principal bassoonist, Anthony Georgeson. Welcome to Atlanta, Anthony!

"My name is Anthony Georgeson and I am thrilled to be joining the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra as your new Associate Principal Bassoonist! I'm coming to Atlanta from The Florida Orchestra where I was principal bassoonist for ten years. Before that I was in the New World Symphony and Wisconsin Chamber Orchestra, and during the winter and spring season of 2016 performed as guest assistant principal bassoonist of The Cleveland Orchestra, with whom I also had the pleasure of performing in many of the great European concert halls in the summer/fall of 2014.
My wife Erin and I come from Madison, Wisconsin--we have a deep love for that city and its cheese, beer, and college football (GO Badgers!). After meeting, going to school, and getting married in Madison, we moved to New York where I attended The Juilliard School while Erin worked for Columbia University's Early Headstart program in Harlem.
Although I'm not at all athletically inclined, I have also taken up running as a hobby. I have managed to complete two full marathons and many half marathons, and have catalogued this almost decade long journey co-hosting the podcast “Two Gomers Run for Their Lives” found on iTunes and at twogomers.com.
Over our many years in Florida we drove home to Wisconsin through ATL dozens of times, not knowing that it would one day be our future home! This is a very exciting relocation for us because our daughter Lilianna (5) is starting Kindergarten here, Erin got a job teaching at a great public school, and Isla (1) is starting at a wonderful new daycare. We have already begun enjoying the nature trails here and many of the parks, found a great local church (Passion City Church), and are looking forward to exploring some of the amazing food we have heard ATL has to offer."

http://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/20525739_1217917318313057_3901658814485475794_n.jpg?oh=23da7242bbede01223a1c2fe948dcf5f&oe=5A2A3085