Topic: John Minsker

I just received an email that John Minsker, former solo English horn of the Philadelphia Orchestra, has passed away, and I just confirmed it from a second source.  If I receive any more info, I'll certainly put it here.

I do know that cards can be sent to this address:

Mrs. John Minsker
200 N Wynnewood Ave
Wynnewood, PA 19096

Re: John Minsker

Please share your memories of John Minsker here in the Forum. 

It would be so nice to read them and cathartic for all who feel the loss.

Marsha Burkett

Last edited by Marsha (2007-08-07 18:44:32)

This is the ONLY bit of news I have been able to find about John Minsker since his death ( no obituary ).  A "memoriam" found on google.  Sweet and sentimental with some pieces of news about John's life.   A quick read.

http://list.haverford.edu/pipermail/hc-scoreline/2007-August/004129.html

Marsha

Marsha: Actually, there was a decent-sized obituary of Mr. Minsker in the Philadelphia Inquirer on August 12, 2007 -- unfortunately, it is only viewable in the Inquirer online archive, for a fee. It's a little over 600 words. But it was certainly pretty cool that the Inquirer had done a fairly extensive interview with him back in April 2007. Very good timing in this case. That article is also in their online archive. The obituary made use of one of the very nice photos of Mr. Minsker that had been placed in the April article; it showed him at age 95 against a photo of himself as a young man, English horn in hand -- handsome chap! -Thom