Topic: Flame War Alert!

Hey!

Everyone LOVES a flame war!  I vote to install a flashing "red" button alert on this software program to allow instant migration of the entire community to any Forum engaged in a flame war!  :-)

Janie

Atlanta Baroque Orchestra
"Bach is Bach, as God is God."
   - Hector Berlioz

Re: Flame War Alert!

I don't like flame wars myself. Scary, and the personal attacks can be stressful.

If I saw the flashing red button I'd run away probably, ehehe.

Claire Binkley
Oboe/English Horn
West Chester University

This will be my 1st message to submit on the forum - since I just wrote of my frustration with non-double-reed topics on the "other" list, I'm SURE I'll soon be flamed. (I was tired after working almost 3 hours on Glinka's "Trio Pathetique" and Mendelssohn's "Concertpiece #1 for Clarinet & Basset Hound, er Bassoon" - came home and was in no mood for b.s., and unfortunately, my political "correctness" went out the window! Yo, vey, as the dyslexic rabbi exclaims. Jim Jeter

James Jeter, D.M.A., NYC Bassoonist
"To love human beings is still the only thing worth living for; without that love, you really do not live." Soren Kierkegaard
"Whatever you do will be insignificant, but it is very important that you do it." Mahatma Gandhi  "Mach' es kurz! Am Juengsten Tag ist's nur ein Furz!" Goethe

Jim Jeter wrote:

This will be my 1st message to submit on the forum - since I just wrote of my frustration with non-double-reed topics on the "other" list, I'm SURE I'll soon be flamed. (I was tired after working almost 3 hours on Glinka's "Trio Pathetique" and Mendelssohn's "Concertpiece #1 for Clarinet & Basset Hound, er Bassoon" - came home and was in no mood for b.s., and unfortunately, my political "correctness" went out the window! Yo, vey, as the dyslexic rabbi exclaims. Jim Jeter

Oh, I remember that. People can be nasty sometimes. I think I might have been a little snippy myself, I've been tackling a problem with my stomach muscles seizing up while I've been playing.

Claire Binkley
Oboe/English Horn
West Chester University

Jim Jeter wrote:

Dear Jim,

It is indeed reassuring to see your post...very stabilizing to the entire community, no doubt.

Janie

Atlanta Baroque Orchestra
"Bach is Bach, as God is God."
   - Hector Berlioz

Glad to see you finally got on Jim.  Looking forward to more posts from you.  Kent

Dr. Kent Moore
Principal Lecturer In Bassoon and Theory
Northern Arizona University