Topic: Attachments

Can we include attachements, such as pictures or PDF files, etc.?  These were discouraged on the IDRS-L list, but hopefully can be used here on the forum.

Re: Attachments

The current version of the Forum software program does not allow attachments.  PunBB software developers are working on this feature!

Yoshi Ishikawa
Professor of Bassoon, University of Colorado at Boulder, College of Music
Editor, IDRS OnLine Publications

Chip Owen wrote:

Can we include attachements, such as pictures or PDF files, etc.?  These were discouraged on the IDRS-L list, but hopefully can be used here on the forum.

I just discovered how to do this!

http://idrs2.colorado.edu/forum/rock.jpg
My cat

I did not upload this image. It comes from an external source. To see how this is done, select "Post New Topic," then click "[img] tag: on."

Yoshi Ishikawa

Example 2

http://idrs2.colorado.edu/forum/osaka3.jpg
Osaka (Japan) Fagotto Festival, 2004. Can you find Meyrick Alexander, Gareth Newman and me (Yoshi Isikawa)?

Yoshi Ishikawa

Sorry to be so dense but can someone sort of spell out for me how to include a photo in a classified ad posting? I have seen the info available on the Forum about this (below)

"If you want to display an image you can use the img tag.

http://www.punbb.org/img/small_logo.png produces... "

and surmise that I am supposed to use an "img tag" for my photo. So, am I correct that I would create an img tag which is

[img]photo location in my computer, photo name[/img]

or is this considered "uploading" and not something we can do yet? If the img tag "formula" above is correct, what kind of puctuation is supposed to be used between the photo location and the photo name?

Signed,

Clueless

David Crispin
Crispin's Creations and Accessories
freelance oboist. Mississippi Symphony Orchestra
www.CrispinsCreations.com

I think the [img]tag function works like an internet link- in other words, it refers the forum to an image that is on the web somewhere, so you need to insert the url between the [img] and the[/img]. In other words, for your photo to appear here, it must be already on the web. Having an image on your computer will not produce an image on the forum unless your computer is functioning as a web server.

But then again, I could be wrong.......

Yoshi?

Paul Barrett
   -Principal Bassoonist, Honolulu Symphony
    -Lecturer in Bassoon, University of Hawaii

You are absolutely correct, Paul.

Yoshi Ishikawa

Hi Yoshi

I've uploaded my fingering charts but the size displayed on the Forum page is huge although the image still drags off to a normal size- any ideas for correcting this display inconsistency?

Rgards Neville

Neville Forsythe
Christchurch New Zealand
Bassoonist / Teacher / Conductor

Hi Neville,

Is the image resolution set to 72 dpi?

Yoshi Ishikawa