Topic: to admins of the forum--- regarding links

I was wondering if it would be possible to have links provided in the forum open up in another browser.  When clicking on a link now. it uses the same browser and one has to hit the back button (sometimes a lot, depending on how much rooting around you did in the linked site!) to get back to the forum.

Just a thought-

Darlene

Re: to admins of the forum--- regarding links

Hi Darlene:
On a PC, you can right click the link and choose open in a new window.  See if you like that.  Kent

Dr. Kent Moore
Principal Lecturer In Bassoon and Theory
Northern Arizona University

Thanks!  That's a trick I didn't know!

Darlene

I have the same problem, and I use a Mac.  After I get the list for postings since my previous login, I can open any topic I want to read.  But I have to use the back arrow to return to the list of recent postings.  If I forget and click on Forum/IDRSWWW or Index, the list disappears.  It would be nice to be able to open topics in a second window.  Thanks for checking it out.

Hi Lynn,
When you click on a link, hold down the command key (the one next to the space bar). That will open the linked URL in either a new window or a new tab depending on how you have your browser configured.

Associate Professor of Bassoon, University of North Carolina School of the Arts
Principal Bassoon, Winston-Salem Symphony
Bassoon, Zéphyros Winds
Associate Editor, IDRS.org

Thank you, Saxton.  It opens the topic in a new window.  Exactly what I needed.  THANKS!
Lynn