Topic: Innoledy and Vibrancy

Hello fellow oboists!

I'm having problems getting reeds on my Innoledy to vibrate with enough depth in the tone.  It's often very hard to get a double crow, and when I do the reeds still lack the depth of an off-set gouge.  Right now I'm using the Mack+ tip - has anyone had success with a different tip and this gouge?  Thanks!

~Jennifer

Re: Innoledy and Vibrancy

I don't understand why you think the gouger has anything to do with the tone quality you get out of any piece of cane. The gouge can only make the cane thicker or thinner. As I see it, if the cane is a certain thickness, it doen't matter how it got that way, or what gouging machine you used. 0.60mm is still 0.6 mm, no matter if you used an Innoledy machine - which I do - or any other machine. So I would like to know why you think it does matter.

Since I don't log on here often (this is the 1st time in years) I'm not at all familiar any more with how this system worlks. So pls make sure you reply to me at klingsor@rcn.com. Thank you.

David Lurie

Jennifer,

Your email address little_oboist@hotmail.com seems to be defunct. Please contact me for my $.02 worth. I'd rather not make comments on this publicly. Thanks.

David Crispin
Crispin's Creations and Accessories
freelance oboist. Mississippi Symphony Orchestra
www.CrispinsCreations.com

I realize I'm late to the game here, but if you haven't worked it out yet, here are a few ideas for your Innoledy.  I use Carlos Coehlo's oboe tip.  Also, you can take cane out in different places than on a traditional gouge; including the sides and the heart.  It helps if you change the mental approach.  On a traditional gouge, you tend to think about "bringing out" the vibrations.  On an Inneledy it's all about getting them to settle down.  If you have any specific questions let me know and I can give you more detail.  Now that I've adapted to my Innoledy, I love it.  I can count on reeds vibrating and being very consistent.  I made four today that are virtually identical.  It's great.