Topic: logged in 24/7..... any reason not to be? Plus an avatar question

I have added this forum to my favorites, and have discovered the following:  When I go to log in, all I have to do is put in the generic, Yoshi-supplied info that we all have.  Then I discover that I am already logged in!  I don't mind this as long as nobody else does..... I am guessing it's because I have a broadband connection, and if I don't consciously log out of the forum, I will be logged in all the time.  Aside from looking like I am always at the Forum when I'm really not, can anybody think of any reason not to keep it this way?

Also, regarding the avatars:  how do you shrink an image down to the acceptable size?  I have a much larger image I'd like to use, but trying to shrink it down with Microsoft Picture (or whatever it is) just turns it into a black square.  Don't have any photoshop software either....
Thanks in advance!

Great idea, this forum!

-Darlene

Darlene

Re: logged in 24/7..... any reason not to be? Plus an avatar question

this message is for Rich, who was kind enough to e-mail me about the avatar issue:  I tried to reply to your e-mail but it was returned to me as undeliverable.  I appreciate your offer, though!  The pic itself is 710B and is probably  too big to mess with anyhow.... plus, it isn't a double-reed topic avatar!  But thanks for the thought.

-Darlene

Darlene

Re: logged in 24/7..... any reason not to be? Plus an avatar question

oboe1960 wrote:

I have added this forum to my favorites, and have discovered the following:  When I go to log in, all I have to do is put in the generic, Yoshi-supplied info that we all have.  Then I discover that I am already logged in!  I don't mind this as long as nobody else does..... I am guessing it's because I have a broadband connection, and if I don't consciously log out of the forum, I will be logged in all the time.  Aside from looking like I am always at the Forum when I'm really not, can anybody think of any reason not to keep it this way?

If you're using your own personal computer, there's no reason to change this.  On a public or shared computer be sure to log out.

If you want to change this behaivior so it doesn't keep you logged in, click on the Profile link at the top of the page, then the Privacy link on the side.  Uncheck the "Save username and password between visits" button.

Email me your avatar you'd like to use and I'll resize it for you.

Last edited by Trent (2005-02-09 21:30:46)

M.M.A., D.M.A. University of Illinois at Urbana/Champaign: B.Mus. Lawrence University
Bassoon professor at University of Wisconsin Eau-Claire
Maker of the Little-Jake electric bassoon pickup and Weasel bassoon reeds