Topic: Forum user title

Each forum subscriber will be assigned a title. The title will depend on the number of messages posted by the subscriber.

Title - Minimum Posts
New member - 0
Member - 2
Member Associate - 10
Member Partner -25
Senior Partner - 50

Yoshi Ishikawa
Professor of Bassoon, University of Colorado at Boulder, College of Music
Editor, IDRS OnLine Publications

Re: Forum user title

Yoshi, is there a way I can change my forum username to KV191? Thanks, Carrie Smelser

KV191 wrote:

Yoshi, is there a way I can change my forum username to KV191? Thanks, Carrie Smelser

Done!

Yoshi Ishikawa

Yoshi, can i change my forun username to lainebryce,  Thanks Laine

Hi Yoshi! That title issuing sounds like a good way to judge how long someone has been using the forum, but I have a concern. Especially when the list closes down for good and usage of this forum explodes, I don't believe it should take too long to make 50 forum posts. Perhaps the senior partner number should be a little higher?

Of course, it's all up to you.

Edit: As you see, I've only been on here for about fifteen minutes tops and I've already switched from "Member" to "Member Associate".

Last edited by Claire (2006-08-09 06:36:31)

Claire Binkley
Oboe/English Horn
West Chester University

I think you're right Claire. Those post numbers will have to be increased.

Associate Professor of Bassoon, University of North Carolina School of the Arts
Principal Bassoon, Winston-Salem Symphony
Bassoon, Zéphyros Winds
Associate Editor, IDRS.org

I'd think something along the lines of Member - 10, Member Associate - 100, Member Partner - 250, Senior Partner - 500.  (Take a look at the proportions of how eBay assigns its different colors of stars.)

Each step should be significant -- and when people start to post forum articles & replies like they have been used to sending emails to the listserv, it won't take long at all to get up to 50 or 100 posts!

Susan Richter :: Austin, TX :: bassoon, dulcian

OK - Ranks are:

New member 0
Member 10
Member Associate 100
Member Partner 200
Senior member 300

Yoshi Ishikawa

Cool Idea! I'm a little surprised you didn't use orchestral chair titles or something... Section Member, Principal, Soloist, Maestro. Still, and all, a nice way to see who's "been around" on the forum.

Matt Fossa
Principal Oboe, Pensacola Symphony Orchestra and Northwest Florida Symphony Orchestra
Faculty, Pensacola State College
Original music at www.twinreedsmusic.com

Thanks guys...I've been busted back to member.

Gene Carter, Owner
Linden Reeds

All very well - do we get any credit for signing up in the first 20 ever when the Forum was opened last year? I am listed as New Member - I thought I deserved something like Vintage or Classic member fro the honour.

Cheers Neville

PS how do I obtain "Smilies"?

Neville Forsythe
Christchurch New Zealand
Bassoonist / Teacher / Conductor

Hi Neville:
For info on smilies, click on the Smilies link near the bottom of this page.  smile Kent

Dr. Kent Moore
Principal Lecturer In Bassoon and Theory
Northern Arizona University

Yes, Neville.  I, like you, signed up way back on 2/5/05 but the forum is just starting to take off.  Kent

Dr. Kent Moore

NevilleForsythe wrote:

All very well - do we get any credit for signing up in the first 20 ever when the Forum was opened last year? I am listed as New Member - I thought I deserved something like Vintage or Classic member fro the honour.

Cheers Neville

OK Neville, I gave you 10 post credits for your "pioneer" status...I am doing this for you only because I like your beard. I will bump anyone up to the "CEO/CFO/Kiing/President/Chairman" status (10000+ posts) for a price - $1 per 1 post credit + administrative hassle charges and $50 transfer fee…other penalties may apply depending on your status and age. This is not a scam. Just provide me with your SS number, birthdate, your mother’s maiden name, bank account number, or send cash in US$ to my account ZZ094887676389488782379NIDRS in Cayman Islands. Your donation will be tax deductible in all countries except North Korea.

Yoshi Ishikawa
Professor of Bassoon, U of Colorado at Boulder
Administrator, IDRS Forum

Re: Smilies  You also have to make sure "Show smilies as graphic icons" is checked under "display" in your profile.  I don't remember if it is on by default.  Kent

Dr. Kent Moore

This is my first message to the forum...
I'm eager to read all the messages left by you, colleagues and friends, and to converse with you through messages or by chatting.
Talk to you soon!     ;-)

Michel Bettez    (michelbt)

Welcome Michel.  I see you registered a while back, like me.  The forum hasn't been used much until recently though.  It is going to prove a very valuable resource and I think there are many who will contribute here who might have felt apprehensive with the e-mail format.  Take care, Kent

Dr. Kent Moore

Yoshi, I, too, signed up for this forum on 2-5-2005. But I don't want to be King, President, Dictator or even CEO.

Queen of Everything will do. (Please send the tiara asap.)  wink

Side Note: I am finding that I am not losing the personalities at all of folks who are using this list, nor am I finding it impersonal, as some felt the forum would be. I am, in fact, now able to see many of you -- those wiling to share their photos anyway. As you will notice, I'm not quite there yet! But I'm at least sharing a t-shirt with you.

PEM
http://www.oboeinsight.com
AIM: Patioboe

Great Yoshi! - Sorry I can't comply wih requested details but I do know a few Nigerian millionaires looking for a bank account to deposit their late fathers' dosh into. I hope you didn't object to my giving them that Cayman Is bank a/c no.  I will know how successful the arrangement is by the rate at which my credits rise.   smile

Neville Forsythe
Christchurch New Zealand
Bassoonist / Teacher / Conductor