Topic: Book of Mozart Cadenzas (bassoon)

Does anyone know if there is a compliation of cadenzas for the Mozart bassoon concerto out there?  And I don't mean a bunch of theoretical ones that one person wrote, but ones performed over the years by various bassoonists.  I'm thinking about compiling my own, putting all the manuscripts I can find into a Sibelius file and making them clean and easy to read, but if this has already been done to some extent then I shouldn't bother.

Or if anyone happens to have their own personal collection and would be willing to share, I'd be interetsed!

~Trent

M.M.A., D.M.A. University of Illinois at Urbana/Champaign: B.Mus. Lawrence University
Bassoon professor at University of Wisconsin Eau-Claire
Maker of the Little-Jake electric bassoon pickup and Weasel bassoon reeds

Re: Book of Mozart Cadenzas (bassoon)

please do that - it would be great, and valuable to bassoonists attempting to find a cadenza to make their own - as i am currently

with regards

Nick

Nick Macorison
London based freelance bassoonist and enthusiast.

Dont ask me about reeds.....

Mr. Garfield's cadenza is available for sale through Trevco.

Steve Welgoss
Long Island, NY
bassoon@welgoss.com

I noticed a lot of separate cadenzas for $2-5 on Trevco, but there's no one book that has, say, 30 different cadenzas, which is what I am looking for.

Right now I'm compiling some ancient photocopied or handwritten parts from my teacher into one file so that I can at least read them on the fly.  This will definately be an "unauthorized" edition I'll probably just have to keep to myself.

M.M.A., D.M.A. University of Illinois at Urbana/Champaign: B.Mus. Lawrence University
Bassoon professor at University of Wisconsin Eau-Claire
Maker of the Little-Jake electric bassoon pickup and Weasel bassoon reeds

Trent - I think this is a great idea too but I am thinking. from a commercial and legal perspective, it may be challenging.  There are currently numerous publications of the cadenzas
Garfield (pub Jones)
Turkovich (pub Jones)
Morelli (pub TrevCo)
Moritz (pub Jack Spratt)
Levin (pub Henle)
Schnittke (pub Sikorski)
Gower (pub Barenreiter)
Guetter (pub Lucks)
and many more, I am sure.  The problem is that each publisher has copyrighted its publication/edition so to reprint them in one book, without written permission of the copyright holder, would be an infringement of copyright.  Also, whereas some are available as a somewhat inexpensive stand alone edition, others are only available either with the complete solo or, in the case of the Schnittke, as a collection of contemporary solos!  Good luck!!  Trevor

Trevor Cramer
Owner, TrevCo Music Publishing