Topic: Time Matters....

I noticed this issue earlier with the forum, but didn't say anything them.  So, now...

My computer, and preference, time is set to EST.  In my location (Dayton, OH), we are currently on EDT.  Because of that, I keep finding that I've posted in the future.  For example, I visited today at:

But, alas...my computer says the time now is only 16:38:46, which means that I was here before I was here!  Actually, my last visit was 15:46:05 local time...there seems to be no accounting for DST with the system.  Not a big deal, but annoying if you are looking for new posts...

Candi

Candi Morris
Oboe/EH/Oboe d'amore
Dayton, OH

Re: Time Matters....

I had the same conundrum, and posted last week. Apparently, the solution is to compensate for the time by choosing the appropriate setting. That ,, or settle for "being ahead of your time". Which may or may not have any remuneration.

Nicholas Evans-Bassoonist, Bassoon Repair and Restoration Mechanic.

Re: Time Matters....

Hmmm....then, I would have to reset my time at the switch from savings time to standard time, and remember to switch back in the spring.  Now, if your server were to convert for us, that would be great!  I know that there is a way to do this (we do this at my "day job" on a regular basis)...

Candi Morris
Oboe/EH/Oboe d'amore
Dayton, OH