Topic: Another nail in the coffin....??

More disturbing news, regarding the "virtual" orchestra vs. live, breathing musicians - this time from VIENNA, of all places!! (What's the musical world coming to??!) Peace, Jim

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/spotlight_columnists/article/0,2777,DRMN_23962_4961912,00.html

James Jeter, D.M.A., NYC Bassoonist
"To love human beings is still the only thing worth living for; without that love, you really do not live." Soren Kierkegaard
"Whatever you do will be insignificant, but it is very important that you do it." Mahatma Gandhi  "Mach' es kurz! Am Juengsten Tag ist's nur ein Furz!" Goethe

Re: Another nail in the coffin....??

Well, I could definately tell on the recordings that that page offers as comparisons.  The unnaturalness of the slurs in Holst, the extremely odd tone of the contrabassoon in the Ravel, although I would have to say that if I were just casually listening I would never just say, "that's a fake performance".

I just want this to replace Kontakt player in Sibelius (publishing program, not the composer) and I'd be happy!

M.M.A., D.M.A. University of Illinois at Urbana/Champaign: B.Mus. Lawrence University
Bassoon professor at University of Wisconsin Eau-Claire
Maker of the Little-Jake electric bassoon pickup and Weasel bassoon reeds