Topic: constructing new website

Yoshi - I tried to set changes in my profile - my old website is no longer valid - wanted to put (new website under construction) in the profile, until my new site is finished. Thanks in advance for any help, and have a great 2009! Jim

James Jeter, D.M.A., NYC Bassoonist
"To love human beings is still the only thing worth living for; without that love, you really do not live." Soren Kierkegaard
"Whatever you do will be insignificant, but it is very important that you do it." Mahatma Gandhi  "Mach' es kurz! Am Juengsten Tag ist's nur ein Furz!" Goethe

Re: constructing new website

It won't show up that way in your profile info on the left.  There's no way to change the way that looks in most bulletin board programs.  You can, however, put that information in your signature

M.M.A., D.M.A. University of Illinois at Urbana/Champaign: B.Mus. Lawrence University
Bassoon professor at University of Wisconsin Eau-Claire
Maker of the Little-Jake electric bassoon pickup and Weasel bassoon reeds

Jim,
The Website field in your personal profile settings will automatically be changed into a URL, so it adds http:// and the %20 space tag between words. I'd suggest you leave it blank until your site is ready and as Trent said, put it in your signature.

Associate Professor of Bassoon, University of North Carolina School of the Arts
Principal Bassoon, Winston-Salem Symphony
Bassoon, Zéphyros Winds
Associate Editor, IDRS.org

Thanks, Saxton & Trent - I did as you suggested! Jim

"To love human beings is still the only thing worth living for; without that love, you really do not live." Soren Kierkegaard
"Whatever you do will be insignificant, but it is very important that you do it." Mahatma Gandhi  "Mach' es kurz! Am Juengsten Tag ist's nur ein Furz!" Goethe

FYI - my new website is finally up and running - thanks for all your help, double-reeders! Jim