Topic: Quartz Mountain Music Festival & Academy - Oboe and Bassoon openings

I'll be teaching and performing at the Quartz Mountain Music Festival - Chamber Music & Orchestral Academy this summer July 24 - August 1. If you're interested in studying bassoon and chamber music with me there, download the application at the link below or contact me for more information:

http://www.qmmf.org/OrchestraChamberAcademy.html

The Quartz Mountain Music Festival (QMMF) Academies take place in the beautiful Quartz Mountain region of Southwest Oklahoma.  The Chamber Music and Orchestral Academies will occur at Western Oklahoma State College.  July 24 - August 1, 2010.

The QMMF Chamber Music/ Orchestral Academy lead by faculty from throughout the United States will consist of intensive study centered around string, wind and brass quartets, quintets and sextets as well as the orchestral genre.  Students will rehearse and perform in their chamber ensembles, be coached by faculty, participate in master classes and rehearse and perform side by side with professional musicians in the festival orchestra.  Students will receive 30+ contact hours with faculty and will have the opportunity to perform in several concerts with other students and faculty. 

Chamber Music & Orchestral Academy Quick Facts:
30+ contact hours with faculty
Coachings
Master classes
Stretching expercises
Open rehearsals & concerts
QMMF Academy concerts
QMMF Orchestra concert

Chamber Music & Orchestral Academy location: Western Oklahoma State College  Altus, Oklahoma
Student housing: Altus, Oklahoma (Microtel)
Quartz Mountain Music Festival concerts: Robert M. Kerr Performing Arts Center

Tuition
$995.00 (Partial scholarship funding is available)

Housing/ Board/ Transportation in the Quartz region
$745.00 (single room occupancy)
$495.00 (double room occupancy)

Application Deadline Extension: April 9, 2010 (postmarked by)

Contact Information:
Quartz Mountain Music Festival (mailing address)
PO Box 179  Altus, Oklahoma 73522-0179 USA

Quartz Mountain Music Festival (physical address)
301 W. Commerce St.  Altus, Oklahoma 73521

(580)-649-7596 - Phone
(580)-482-0223 - Fax

Associate Professor of Bassoon, University of North Carolina School of the Arts
Principal Bassoon, Winston-Salem Symphony
Bassoon, Zéphyros Winds
Associate Editor, IDRS.org