Topic: Big Reed Case ???

A few weeks ago I finally got fed up with having lots of tiny reed cases (5 or 6 holders) and just wanted a big one, So i made one:

" Mozart tells us what it's like to be human, Beethoven tells us what it's like to be Beethoven and Bach tells us what it's like to be the universe." - D. Adams.

Re: Big Reed Case ???

(At the risk of sounding like an infomercial.. here goes!)

Have you ever looked at your 6, or 12-holder reed case and just thought "This isn't big enough"

Well fret no more, as your dreams have come true!, Introducing the all new 33 Reed Holder!!

http://img121.imageshack.us/img121/4558/dscf2803x.jpg

http://img535.imageshack.us/img535/8624/dscf2805a.jpg

Made from Solid Merbau, which is hard, but not heavy, and held shut with rare earth magnets. Its about the size of a Small laptop, and I built it using a Hand router, a belt sander, Circular saw,  and a Hand drill.

Bit of fun anyway.

" Mozart tells us what it's like to be human, Beethoven tells us what it's like to be Beethoven and Bach tells us what it's like to be the universe." - D. Adams.

Mine holds 24 but I finally decided, after 8 years of using it, that it was a bit of overkill.  I'm going for a 10 reed holder now.  Still, yours makes even mine look ridiculous!

Nicely made though.  What did you use for the reed spacers?  I'm looking for material to do that with.

M.M.A., D.M.A. University of Illinois at Urbana/Champaign: B.Mus. Lawrence University
Bassoon professor at University of Wisconsin Eau-Claire
Maker of the Little-Jake electric bassoon pickup and Weasel bassoon reeds

Beautiful Case!!!! Start a business man! I'd be interested without question

Trent: I used some closed-cell foam i bought for AUD $4 at a local store that sells rubber. (USD $3) It works quite well, and most of the routing was fine, except for occasionally the foam would *break out* on the corners when cutting the reed slots, leaving those particular slots completely functional, but a little messy...

Mpart: Hahaha!, I would if I had the time or the talent!, this is just a hobby, Bassooning requires the vast majority of my focus!!!