Topic: Tip Profiler

Well, I finally got approval from "she who must be obeyed" for Santa Claus' delivery of a Tip Profiler for Christmas.  I have only fiddled with one, a Riegger.  Does anyone have suggestions about where to obtain one, or perhaps someone has a used one they'd like to sell?  Are there other brands, besides Riegger, that I should consider?   Is anyone likely to have one, or more, in stock that I could examine and try out?  Thanks, in advance, for any comments or observations you might offer.

-Frank Watson, Bassoon
Greenville (SC) Symhony
Spartanburg Philharmonic

Re: Tip Profiler

Justin Miller at Miller Marketing and Robert Williams with the Detroit Symphony are both Rieger dealers.  I also remember sometime ago someone mentioned a tip profiler from Reeds 'n Stuff (?), but I have never used it, only the Rieger which is wonderful!

Bryan Cavitt
Bassoonist, Elkhart (IN) Municipal Band; Bassoon Dad & Uncle

Frank...NJN Bassoon Products, owned by Kathy Robinson, would be another possibility. Rieger tools are often in scarce supply so you may have to check all the possibilities. When I wanted to buy one there wasn't a single one to be had in the US and I wound up  buying one from Berlin. You probably won't have much luck getting one to examine or try out. Reeds 'n Stuff is the only other manufacturer that I know of and although I have never tried Udo's profiliers, I think his tools are of very good quality.

Once you finally get one you will wonder how you ever survived without it.

Gene Carter, Owner
Linden Reeds

I purchased a Rieger several years ago and I think its the best thing since sliced bread!!!

V. Ellin