Topic: Blue Lake Fine Arts Camp employment opportunities....

I teach bassoon at this Camp every summer; the Camp's currently looking for college oboe and bassoon students who might be interested in working with kids and performing lots over the summer (with seasoned professionals). If you have any students who might be interested, here's some information for them:

Blue Lake employs nearly 180 college students as members of the counseling staff and offers extensive performing and/or assistant teaching experience to those who qualify.  As a result, we are in a constant search for talented musicians to fill these positions!

Staff members (undergraduate and graduate students) are eligible to audition for Festival Orchestra, Festival Band, Staff Band, vocal ensembles, chamber ensembles, staff recitals, and our staff solo competition. Limited positions are also available for music education graduates who wish to work with elementary band and orchestra campers at Camp Bernstein. 

If interested, check out Blue Lake's website and contact info:
http://www.bluelake.org/

James Jeter, D.M.A., NYC Bassoonist
"To love human beings is still the only thing worth living for; without that love, you really do not live." Soren Kierkegaard
"Whatever you do will be insignificant, but it is very important that you do it." Mahatma Gandhi  "Mach' es kurz! Am Juengsten Tag ist's nur ein Furz!" Goethe

Re: Blue Lake Fine Arts Camp employment opportunities....

Mr. Jeter,

I would be interested in applying and I have experience teaching on all levels as well. What specifically are the potential fees paid and do they meet your traveling costs as well ?? Please advise either on this thread or by e-mail. Thanks

Vincent - I don't know the salary for staff musicians at the Camp. You could e-mail Lisa French; she will know, or can direct you to the proper person regarding this. Her e-mail is lfrench@bluelake.org. Hope this helps! Jim

"To love human beings is still the only thing worth living for; without that love, you really do not live." Soren Kierkegaard
"Whatever you do will be insignificant, but it is very important that you do it." Mahatma Gandhi  "Mach' es kurz! Am Juengsten Tag ist's nur ein Furz!" Goethe

P.S. - Vincent, I just went to the Blue Lake website; if you click on employment (upper right hand), then click on Staff (lower right hand), you'll get most information. There's also an application link (upper left hand). Salary for Blue Lake Counseling Staff: $1,400 - $2,300 plus room and board. Salary is based on years of college study and/or degree(s) earned. The number to call for more information is: 800-221-3796. Good luck! Jim

Thank you Jim. I will look into this over the weekend when I have some time, Thanks