Topic: Increasing lung capacity after injury?

A little over a year ago, I was hit by a car. I came through the experience in remarkably good condition -- after all, I'm typing this message. That said, I did sustain injuries, including to my rib cage.

Over a year later, I feel that my lung capacity is not what it once was. I am working hard at my bassoon and contrabassoon playing, but I feel that I cannot, for example, hold long tones as long as I once could.

I wonder if someone could recommend exercise or practice strategies to improve my lung capacity.

Thanks!

Re: Increasing lung capacity after injury?

There is A DVD Called Breathing Gym, that is highly favoured my  Military bands in my area, it shouldn't be too hard to find, and it contains many exercises on breathing that will (or should) increase your playing capacity.

A community band in my area did this for 6 months before a national competition and we felt that it really helped.. i hope this is of assisstance to you...

http://www.breathinggym.com/site/index.cfm - follow this link for products.

" Mozart tells us what it's like to be human, Beethoven tells us what it's like to be Beethoven and Bach tells us what it's like to be the universe." - D. Adams.

Re: Increasing lung capacity after injury?

oh it would be really a bad expierience for you  to have an accident
it is naturly that your lungs effect i will snd you some exercises that will be effective for yousynflex

Last edited by Abbot (2010-04-28 00:35:27)