Topic: Publications

If none of the publications are availible online to non-members, it would be appreciated if they were all labeled as such. I distinctly remember being able to access much older double reed articles on this website without a membership and now that is not the case, though I don't know why. Is this just me who cannot access the older articles? Thanks.

Re: Publications

In 2010, the IDRS Executive board decided to restrict all access to publications on www.idrs.org to members only. The www.idrs.org project began in 1995, and since then the site accumulated significant amounts of resources and includes the complete archive of IDRS publications since the inception of the organization about 40 years ago. The www.idrs.org also houses audio, video, music and numerous database driven directories. This forum is also part of IDRS OnLine publications.

The IDRS Executive board believes that the wealth of resources contained in www.idrs.org should be available only to IDRS members, who have helped to build, support and contribute to IDRS online.

The cost of IDRS membership is one of the most affordable among similar organizations. The fee for general membership is $50 and for student membership, $35. Student membership is subsidized by the generosity of IDRS Contributing Members.

The access restriction to all of IDRS publications has caused some problems. The awkward password, which is different from member’s own site password, has made accessing publications difficult. Also, due to the enormity of materials on www.idrs.org, some links may have been corrupted during the migration. The IDRS OnLine editors are working to resolve these issues. We appreciate your patience and understanding. If you have identified specific problems with links, please send an email identifying the specific issues to idrs@colorado.edu. Please provide us with the exact URL (web address) to the problem links.

Yoshi Ishikawa
Professor of Bassoon, U of Colorado at Boulder
Editor, IDRS OnLine Publications
Administrator, IDRS Forum

Yoshi,

Many of the articles/publication of past editions of the Double Reed and the Journal (e-edition) have broken links, for example the Vol. 17.3 of The Double Reed (1994). There are some very interesting articles that can't be seen.

Also the Gerald Corey interview on the video section seems to be non working.

If you want I can search and send for you all the broken links on the e-editions of the DR.

Thank you,

Federico Sardi
Principal bassoon - Orquesta Filarmónica de Montevideo
Bassoonist - Orquesta Sinfónica del SODRE
Studying with Prof. Ole K. Dahl

Frederico - I have corrected the links in DR 17.3. Please let me know if you find any other broken links.

Thanks!!

Yoshi Ishikawa
Professor of Bassoon, University of Colorado at Boulder, College of Music

"The Double Reed" broken links:

Vol. 8, no. 1
Vol. 19, no. 3 (the html links are the broken ones)
Vol. 24, no. 4 (the "Hummel's Grand Concerto for bassoon" and the "It's not in the urtext, Sir Adrian" articles at least)
Vol. 25, no. 1

Besides those broken links, the Julie Feves article on The Double Reed Vol 24.2 it's titled "A practical approach to reed design" and not "Michael Finkelman" as appears on the site.
Also many titles showed on the top of the window are wrong, for example for the Volumes 25 - 26 the title says "DR. Volume 13 - 14".

"The Journal of the IDRS" broken links:

JNL 16 (the "Alexander Technique - Benefits for Bassoonists" article)
JNL 23 (only the "complete pdf" link)
JNL 24
JNL 25
JNL 26

"To the World's Bassoonists" broken links:

Vol. II, no. 1
Vol. III, no. 2

Last edited by Federico Sardi (2010-11-04 15:09:25)

Federico Sardi

Thanks, I have fixed the links you listed.

Yoshi Ishikawa

Still not working:

DR Vol. 24, no. 4 "It's not in the Urtext, Sir Adrian" article
DR Vol. 25, no. 1

JNL 23 "Complete pdf" link
JNL 24 Some articles missing link

Last edited by Federico Sardi (2010-11-04 15:20:02)

Federico Sardi

You can access TWB II 1 and 2 from this link:

http://www.idrs.org/publications/TWBassoonist/TWB.Directory.html

and DR 19.3 from this link:

http://www.idrs.org/publications/DR/DR.Volumes/DR.Index.V19-20.html

Yoshi Ishikawa

Here is the link to the new and improve publication list.

http://www.idrs.org/publications/drindex/findrecords.php?

Yoshi Ishikawa

Great improvement!

I was reading the article "Reed making a la Frederic Moritz" in Duble Reed Journal 10 and it seems to be incomplete...(at least the final phrase).
I don't want to bother you but these articles provide valuable information and it will be wonderful to be able to have online access to them.

Thank you!

Last edited by Federico Sardi (2011-08-26 03:44:41)

Federico Sardi