Topic: Jerry Corey in hospital

Dear Friends, I may be repeating information- in any case I felt this was important. Bassoonist Jo Ann Simpson sent me the news below about Jerry. As most of you know he is one of the founders of the IDRS, now an honorary member, and someone who has had an effect on so many of us, as an artist, a teacher, an analytical thinker about the issues we face, and as an inspiring, simpatico guy. I encourage you to send him a card, as I will be doing. -Chuck Holdeman

It is with great sadness that I bring you the news that Jerry Corey is in hospital.
I don't know exactly what put him there but I do know that he has lost a lot of weight over the past few months, has some issues with his lungs and is very weak.
I doubt that he will return to living independently.

When I visited Jerry on Thursday and asked if there was anything I could do for him, he agreed I could let people know he is ill and that he would like short visits. He told me to tell you he is "alright", although he seems very tired and conversation is difficult. He seems very lonely. Cards and flowers would also cheer him up.

After Bassoon Day in Gatineau yesterday, Stephane Levesque and I dropped by the hospital. Stephane had the wonderful idea to play for Jerry. It was so moving to see Jerry respond with smiles and thank you's.

Jerry is in the Ottawa Hospital - Civic Campus, 1053 Carling Ave., Ottawa ON K1Y 4E9, Rm A-156.
He is not able to answer the phone.

Please feel free to forward this to others who will want to receive this news.

Jo Ann Simpson