Topic: Getting Bassoon Cane to China

Hello everyone!  This is my first post here so be gentle. smile
I have recently moved to Shanghai, China for my husband's work.  I brought a small batch of cane that I had bought from a friend in Tucson before I left the States.  I was wondering if anyone knows of issues with purchasing cane and having it shipped to China? 
My parents, being the dedicated people they are, read through the entire export regulations on shipping things from the US to China.  They came up with a clause somewhere in the 40 page document that mentions instrument, accessories, and parts.  This had me wondering if cane could be considered an accessory or part of the bassoon?  Also, China has some pretty quirky restrictions on what they will allow into the country via mail.  I know I have the option of contacting different suppliers to see if they will ship to my city but I'd prefer to keep using my supplier in Tucson who works out of her home. 
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Tamara Smith

Re: Getting Bassoon Cane to China

Try ordering cane from the US. If it doesn't work you can always try chinese cane.

http://shop.kge-reeds.com/store/listCategoriesAndProducts.shop?idCategory=135

I'm not sure if this is the appropriate outlet to use inside China. So contact them first.

Last edited by JBJ Bassoon (2011-01-10 00:43:40)

Re: Getting Bassoon Cane to China

Also you could try to go to music shop and just buy cane there.

For example:

Sodiam Co.Ltd. | China
Building 24, District 1 188 South 4th Ring Western Road, Fengtai District 100070, Beijing, P.R. China

Phone: +86-1051216999

E-mail: contact@sodiam.com.cn

Or maybe they do sell online as well.
Good luck!