Topic: Tip profilers: Rieger vs. Reeds n' Stuff

I'm in the market for a tip profiler, and I was wondering if anyone could comment on the differences between these two machines. I have heard that the Reeds n' Stuff machine is exactly like the Rieger, except it's a few hundred dollars less expensive. Does anyone have any experience working on these two? Which would be the better buy?

Re: Tip profilers: Rieger vs. Reeds n' Stuff

You might find some information through this search  http://www.doublereed.org/IDRSBBS/search.php?search_id=1916129793

Dr. Kent Moore
Principal Lecturer In Bassoon and Theory
Northern Arizona University

I didnt get into that site ,  is that an answer you can give again, about whats best about rieger or reeds n stuff tip profiler?:)

I have a rieger one, but it started to act weird, not taking even on both reed sides and the wood gets stuck all the time I profile it, and it feels like the blade isnt taking good enough...hmm...any tips?

Sorry.  I guess the links for searches don't work.  What I did was perform a search on this forum.  I don't remember the exact search but you might try "Rieger stuff profiler" or variations on that and you should get some information.  Add "tip" to the search if you want to be more specific.

Dr. Kent Moore
Principal Lecturer In Bassoon and Theory
Northern Arizona University