Topic: Looking to buy garfield style reeds

Does anyone have any for sale or knows someone who does?
Let me know smile

Undergrad Bassoon Performance Major at the Conservatory at Shenandoah University

Re: Looking to buy garfield style reeds

From http://www.bassoon.org/reeds.htm

"DESIGNER REEDS

Quote from an email we received: by Schink.  Bassoon reeds made in the Garfield-style since 1976.  M, MS, & MH at wholesale prices to teachers.  Why pay more?

Received on Jan. 28, 2008: Please change the e-mail addresses of DESIGNER REEDS to schink202@msn.com.  Thanks!  William Schink."

Good luck!

bassoonkd wrote:

From http://www.bassoon.org/reeds.htm

"DESIGNER REEDS

Quote from an email we received: by Schink.  Bassoon reeds made in the Garfield-style since 1976.  M, MS, & MH at wholesale prices to teachers.  Why pay more?

Received on Jan. 28, 2008: Please change the e-mail addresses of DESIGNER REEDS to schink202@msn.com.  Thanks!  William Schink."

Good luck!

Nice find!  BassoonKid:  If you do try these, let us know what you think of them.

Dr. Kent Moore
Principal Lecturer In Bassoon and Theory
Northern Arizona University

I got these reeds from Gail Warnaar when my son first started playing.  Been long enough now I don't remember how they were.

Bryan Cavitt
Bassoon Dad

I just shot them an email. I will order some and let you know how they are!
Thanks for the help!

Undergrad Bassoon Performance Major at the Conservatory at Shenandoah University

He Emailed me back and said that due to lack of sales, he no longer makes Garfield style. sad

BassoonKid wrote:

He Emailed me back and said that due to lack of sales, he no longer makes Garfield style. sad

That is too bad.  I wonder if you could convince him to make you a couple for the right price smile

Dr. Kent Moore
Principal Lecturer In Bassoon and Theory
Northern Arizona University