Topic: the best staples with a buffet oboe

Hello Everybody!

I have a big question? I play in a buffet oboe, and I'm trying to find the best staples.
In Hungary , we have just a few shops, and the owners of these shops are real gengsters:-)
They maybe sells their mothers, just because of the money:-)
So, i use 46 staples, with a Loree -1 shaper and Alliaud, or Glotin tube cane 10-10.5,.
Is the Rigoutat staples good with my buffet, or i red somewhere from Chiarugi n.2+ staples?????
Please, anybody, answer to my question!!!!!!
Thanks!
Martin

Re: the best staples with a buffet oboe

Hi there,

I think the best you can try are Chiarugi n.2,2+,5   also Loree,Marigaux not bad they are pretty much the same. Rigoutat i think would not be the best choise for Buffet.

And what about Glotin staples, are they work with the Buffet oboe?
Ok!Thanks, I will try these!

Yes, they work i think as Albrecht Mayer as well himself used Glotin for Greenline Buffet. I suggested to you Chiarugi  5 becasue they are a copy of Glotin but with better quality.
Glotin have sometims really bad quality tubes.
Try and you will see i don't say one size fits all but it is possible that they work well!

Marinski wrote:

Yes, they work i think as Albrecht Mayer as well himself used Glotin for Greenline Buffet. I suggested to you Chiarugi  5 becasue they are a copy of Glotin but with better quality.
Glotin have sometims really bad quality tubes.
Try and you will see i don't say one size fits all but it is possible that they work well!

I disagree with "Glotin sometimes has bad quality tubes" This has been an issue for a certain time, but all the deliveries we got in the last two years have been of a good quality.

Even if Chiarugi #5 or Guercio G1
http://www.oboe-shop.de/en/oboe-staple-glotin-copy-guercio-g1-381.html
(both are Glotin copies) have the same dimensions, you have to bear in mind that the brass used is different for all three manufacturers due to the different manufacturing processes that demand different material.

In my opionion you should use CHiarugi #2

heiko

www.oboe-shop.de

"I disagree with "Glotin sometimes has bad quality tubes" This has been an issue for a certain time, but all the deliveries we got in the last two years have been of a good quality."   heiko

I will show you some tubes that i have from Glotin .... really bad quality and not only my opinion but anyway this is not so important.

Otherwise i agree the brass is different and so the result.

This is, of course, a loaded question. The type of staple one finds comfortable is dependent on your conception of sound and your reed making style. However, I am pleased using a Pfeiffer-Mack shaper tip with the gold Chudnow staple (s version) on my Buffet Greenline Oboe. The silver staples seemed to worked more consistently on my Rigoutat, but now I'm preferring the gold with the Buffet.
Happy reedmaking!!

Stephen Caplan, DMA
Professor of Oboe, UNLV
Author, Oboemotions: What Every Oboe Player Needs to Know about the Body
www.oboemotions.com

@Marinski:
The staples we got from Glotin were really good. They had issues years ago, but in my opinion they passed this point. Or maybe they only send us good staples as we used to return the bad ones...

@Martinbeley:
If you want to play 2+ and you have trouble with pitch, check out this new product:
http://www.oboe-shop.de/en/oboe-staple-chiarugi-type-brass-variable-45-47mm-set-2690.html

The staple allows you to adjust its length!
Heiko

www.oboe-shop.de

I too have had nothing but bad luck with Glotin tubes. My students have as well, from different vendors.

Shawn Reynolds
Professor of Oboe/EH - Youngstown State University
Howland Schools - MS (director of bands); HS (Asst. Dir of Bands, Marching, Symphonic)