Topic: Innoledy gouger/how to tweak it

So I love my Innoledy gouger however recently it has been way off as far as what the micrometer says compared to what the piece of cane is actually gouged at.  For example sometimes I have to set the gouger at .46 to gouge a piece of cane at .58 and the accuracy level is way off for every piece.  When I first bought the gouger, there was only about a .03 discrepancy which was fine because the accuracy of every piece was the same.  How do I go about tweaking this gouger? I have the long set of directions but am not really sure where to go from there.  Please any help will be greatly appreciated and let me know if you need me to elaborate on the issues I am having...my email is Laura.Rumans@gmail.com Thanks!!!

Re: Innoledy gouger/how to tweak it

Hi,
My micrometer is way off, too - as much as yours - but mine is consistent so I don't care.  I wonder if cane builds up somewhere making the discrepancy larger over time.   I put a mark on the wheel so I know where 0.60 is and they all turn out pretty similar ("fluke rate" of 1 in 20 or so). If each piece is wildly different, maybe you should send it in to the maker and have it repaired.

Kendra Johnson

Re: Innoledy gouger/how to tweak it

A bit late here, but have either of your gouger issues been resolved? Most people I know use innoledy's to make their student reeds, and i'm looking into buying one myself, but these complaints worry me a bit. Happy reeding, nonetheless! smile