Topic: Welcome

Welcome to a new section of the IDRS Forum.  I am honored to be asked to be the moderator of the Double Reed Music section, which was recently made a separate category from the Media listings which, due to Delmar's diligence and expertise would sometimes have us overlooking a posting just about print music.  Thanks to Yoshi we now have our own forum.  I invite you to post information about current print media, questions of where to find certain music perhaps, or anything related to publications and editions.  As with all the other forums I am sure we will help one another with these endeavours, which makes all postings in the Forum helpful to our colleagues and friends.  Trevor

Trevor Cramer
Owner, TrevCo Music Publishing

Re: Welcome

Trevor and Yoshi, thank you for facilitating a new part of the IDRS Forum concerning Double Reed Music. In unblushing self-promotion I will use the new feature to encourage Forum readers to visit our website (in signature below) to see the double reed music we publish.

Christopher Weait,
Principal bassoon, Toronto Symphony (1968 - 1985)
IDRS Honorary Member; Emeritus professor Ohio State University
www.weaitmusic.com

Re: Welcome

In response to Chris' posting, and to help promote all of the fine advertisers in the Journal, including the print music vendors, please remember that if you download the current issue of the Doube Reed (it may take a while as it is a rather large file) and then go to the advertisers pages, all you have to do is click on the advertisement and it will link you immediately to the vendor's website and home page.  This is a great, easy, and convenient feature.  Just one more perk of membership.

Trevor Cramer
Owner, TrevCo Music Publishing