Topic: Maxwell Profiler

Does anyone have experience with this profiler?

Re: Maxwell Profiler

Hi Nick,

Are your comments in reference to the MD profiler?  I just want to clarify that there is the MD Profiler and the Maxwell Profiler.  Two different machines and two different companies.

Thanks,
Paul

They look awfully similar in terms of design and concept. I'm sure there are differences in how they profile, but the general concept seems the same.

Also the same price point. Competition is good! I'd love to see what the finished profile is on these guys. Paul, do you have light-shade pictures of profiled cane done on your machine? You should put those on your website (so should the Maxwell people)

M.M.A., D.M.A. University of Illinois at Urbana/Champaign: B.Mus. Lawrence University
Bassoon professor at University of Wisconsin Eau-Claire
Maker of the Little-Jake electric bassoon pickup and Weasel bassoon reeds

Sorry Paul! I was referring to the MD! The MD Profiler is fantastic! Worth every penny.

I will also heartily endorse the MD Reed Products bassoon profiler! A terrific machine!

Sorry for asking a perhaps obvious (or can-of-wormy) question: isn't the Maxwell profiler designed (or co-designed) by one of the same people who was originally behind the MD Reed Products Profiler? maybe I'm trying to be overly diplomatic here, but as both machines are made in KS and look awfully similar...

And I've read posts about the MD machine - anyone ordered and worked with the Maxwell? Thanks.

I have and love my MD Profiler! To my knowledge (and correct me if I'm wrong, Paul!), the two minds that developed the MD Profiler parted ways, and the "M" of the "MD" developed (re-developed?) her own version. Having worked with both parties, I endorse MD Reed Products.