Topic: Shapers

Hello!
I'm interested in trying out the rieger 1a shape. I don't like the foldover shapers. Would it be possible to get a straight shaper with this shape?

Re: Shapers

I would try asking at Fox Products.  They make numerous straight shapers and I am guessing that they have a shaper that would match it.  I know Justin Miller has the measurements of Rieger shapers on his website, so that could give you a place to compare with the straight shapers.  I use the 1A myself, and it is a great all around shape.  Good luck in your search.

Leigh

Leigh Munoz

www.gobassoon.com

Thank you!
I will contact Fox.

I sent Chip Owen at FOX 3 Rieger 1a shaped pieces of cane purchased directly from Rieger.  Chip Owen took measurements and was amazed how each one was exactly the same.  Often he gets sent shaped pieces of cane from fold over shapers and is intrigued by how  much the measurements vary from sample to sample. (He strongly feels that fold over shapers yield  highly inconsistent results.....based on years of taking measurements of them). 
   He is convinced that Rieger most likely uses some sort of mechanized system to shape their cane.  Same with their profiled cane. The actually do not use their own tools to produce the cane they sell.
    Anyway....the custom copy of a Rieger 1a shaper is listed by FOX as "T2".   Custom shapers are only produced several times a year so expect to wait
R. Tropman

Justin Miller now has a series of straight shaper copies of the Rieger shapes. 1A is one of them.

http://millermarketingco.com/productpag … shaper.htm

I bought the Tropman special shaper a few months ago. And I'm very happy.
I never seen the Danzi shapes what are they like?