Topic: Dr. Matthew Ruggiero

I just received word that IDRS Honorary Member, bassoonist and wonderful friend, Matthew Ruggiero, is in a hospic facility in Boston. He would very much like to hear from friends and former students. His email address is ruggie@bu.edu  We hope that others in IDRS who know Dr. Ruggiero would also like to communicate with him. This is a very important time to reach out to this wonderful human being.

Norma R. Hooks
Executive Secretary/Treasurer
Exhibit Coordinator
International Double Reed Society

Re: Dr. Matthew Ruggiero

Dear friends, I received the sad news that Dr. Matthew Ruggiero passed away this morning, at home surrounded by his family. The family is planning a memorial service for the end of February or beginning of March. The obituary will include the information that donations can be made to the Boston Woodwind Society in Dr. Ruggiero's honor. I will keep the Forum posted.

Stephanie Busby
Boston bassoonist
former student of Matthew Ruggiero

Last edited by steph812 (2013-02-01 10:00:10)

Oh that is so sad. I remember playing with him in the Boston Pops, and in  the Boston Symphony as an extra. Lovely friendly man.

Please see the obituary, published today in the Boston Globe: http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/boston … bLoggedOut