Topic: Any new high F fingerings?

I was wondering if anyone has a new genius high F fingering that is not on the IDRS page. The Christlieb and it's variations work best for me and actually got it to work exchanging low DCB, Bb for the C# key. I found a few new ones, but nothing worthy of writing down, nothing better than what we already have. Anyone got a new one?

Principal bassoonist, Orquesta Sinfonica de Galicia, A Coruña, Spain. Bassoonist, bassoon dad, bassoon husband, bassoon uncle, bassoon brother and bassoon son.

Re: Any new high F fingerings?

My standard is close to a couple of the fingerings on the IDRS page, but not exactly the same:

x x o | o x x Ab
  c#    Bb
  D

It's very easy to get to from the long E (I use the Beasley/Klimko fingering listed first on the Fingering Companion), and I've found it to be very reliable. The low D is the key to this one (pun intended).

David A. Wells
Lecturer – Bassoon and Music History
California State University, Sacramento
davidawells.com

Hi Dave,
Thanks for the fingering, I'll try it this morning before I teach. It seems that high notes revolve around certain fingerings. The  L H 1 (or /)  2, RH 2 3 and Ab all seem essential for high F. High E and Eb seem to have two base fingerings, and that makes those notes easier. I am working on a concerto that I use two different high Eb fingerings and 4 fingerings for high E. Some high note fingerings slur better or jump from certain notes and articulate better. Fortunately, there is only one high F in the work and I do not want to sacrifice flexibility in the reed for just one note.
Thanks again Dave, I'll keep you posted.
Steve

Principal bassoonist, Orquesta Sinfonica de Galicia, A Coruña, Spain. Bassoonist, bassoon dad, bassoon husband, bassoon uncle, bassoon brother and bassoon son.

Well, it is pretty good, the best one for my set up seems to be LH,  / 2   C# D... RH 123 Ab Bb
I'll keep looking, thanks again,
Steve