Topic: 2007 and 2008 conference dates

I am pleased to announce the dates and locations of our next two IDRS Conferences:
June 12-16, 2007, Ithaca College, Ithaca, NY. Hosts Paige Morgan and Lee Goodhew Romm
July 22-26, 2008, Brigham Young University, Provo, UT.  Hosts Geralyn Giovanetti and Chris Smith.

I look forward to seeing you all there!

Nancy Ambrose King

Nancy Ambrose King
Associate Professor of Oboe,
University of Michigan
President, IDRS

Re: 2007 and 2008 conference dates

I heard the 2009 conference will be held in England.  Can this be confirmed?

-Scott

Scott Pool

"The Ornaments look pretty, but they're pulling down the branches of the tree." - Cake

Hi, Scott,
Yes the 2009 Conference will be held in Birmingham, England, with host George Caird of the Birmingham Conservatoire. Dates are still not set, but will likely be the 3rd week in July.
Nancy

Nancy Ambrose King
Associate Professor of Oboe,
University of Michigan
President, IDRS

nambroseking wrote:

Hi, Scott,
Yes the 2009 Conference will be held in Birmingham, England, with host George Caird of the Birmingham Conservatoire. Dates are still not set, but will likely be the 3rd week in July.
Nancy

cant wait!! i will have ended my 3rd year at the conservatoire by then - fantastic news, and a great venue!

regards

Nick

Nick Macorison
London based freelance bassoonist and enthusiast.

Dont ask me about reeds.....

Nancy,
Does one have to be an IDRS member to attend the conference, as the I.C.A. requires duriung the annual ClarinetFest?

Membership to the Society is not required, but the fees are generally higher for non-members. It's actually advantageous to be a member.

Norma R. Hooks
Executive Secretary/Treasurer
Exhibit Coordinator
International Double Reed Society