Topic: Moosmann "M" bassoon series?

I hope to be able to purchase a new bassoon by February of 2015, and I am currently looking for information on two bassoons.
Does anyone here know much about the Moosmann "M" series bassoons?  How do they compare to the Fox Renard series?  I am split between two bassoons, the Fox Renard 240 and the Moosmann M24.

Re: Moosmann "M" bassoon series?

The higher end M bassoon was meant to be a mechanical equivalent to the Renard Artist bassoons. Moosmann has his own key stylings and ergonomics of course, and you may prefer one over the other. Same with the bore design and sound concept. You may prefer one over the other. The M bassoons play like Moosmann, the Renards like Fox bassoons (student to pro comparison in both cases).

Ultimately you should try both side by side with your teacher and make an informed decision after playing them!

M.M.A., D.M.A. University of Illinois at Urbana/Champaign: B.Mus. Lawrence University
Bassoon professor at University of Wisconsin Eau-Claire
Maker of the Little-Jake electric bassoon pickup and Weasel bassoon reeds

Well said, Trent.  We did a side by side at the NYC conference with a student who ended up purchasing the Moosmann M24.

Scott Pool

"The Ornaments look pretty, but they're pulling down the branches of the tree." - Cake

jeshelman, I sent you a private message with more details...

Scott Pool

"The Ornaments look pretty, but they're pulling down the branches of the tree." - Cake