Topic: 2015 Conference

I tried this last night, but it apparently did not work.

When will registration be open for the conference in Tokyo?  I see a price list, but no way to register.  Will be able to arrive the day before the beginning of the conference & stay several days after the end of the conference?

Re: 2015 Conference

Registration for the IDRS 2015 Tokyo conference and housing will open in March. Members may extend their stay in on-campus housing before and after the conference. Details will be announced soon.

Yoshi Ishikawa
Professor of Bassoon, University of Colorado at Boulder, College of Music
Editor, IDRS OnLine Publications

Any idea now when registration might open?  In the past this has been longer than a 4 month time frame.  Thanks.

Please see my post http://www.idrs.org/IDRSBBS/viewtopic.php?id=17322

Yoshi Ishikawa

According to the conference website, on-campus housing will no longer be available before or after the conference:

"Hotel rooms on the NYC campus are not available before 14 August or after 19 August. We have arranged for special room rates at selected hotels near NYC campus for IDRS 2015 conference participants."

Does anyone know yet if the rates will be similar to the cost of staying at the NYC during the conference?
If anyone else traveling to the conference from overseas may be interested in sharing accommodations for a few days after the conference ends, please get in touch with me. Thank you!

Andrew Nogal
oboe/English horn

My payment will not work.  We have tried two different cards.  My bank is on notice that this charge will be coming through.  A call to the bank says my card should work, but this morning there had been no attempt from the payment center requesting this payment.  Why can we not register?  Yoshi, is there still a problem?

I have been in communication with the IDRS 2015 conference hosts. They are aware of the problem with the registration payment system.

The IDRS 2015 payment system is currently accepting AMX only. Unfortunately the system is not permitting payments by VISA. The IDRS 2015 hosts are unable to address this problem until May 7. May 1-5 is the "GOLDEN Weekend" in Japan, one of the biggest holidays. Virtually all businesses are closed until 7 May!

The dorm priority is determined by preregistration. If you have not yet preregistered, please do so to be placed on a priority list.

Yoshi Ishikawa

Yoshi -
The website says that the dorms are sold out for August 19th. Are any plans being made to have more rooms available??

Last edited by C.B. (2015-05-02 10:33:44)

Christopher Brodersen
Maker of Historical Keyboard Instruments
Reviewer/contributor - Fanfare Magazine
Amateur bassoonist, baroque oboist, baroque bassoonist