Topic: ob/EH and guitar

I am looking to add some new repertoire to a series  of recitals for oboe and guitar this summer-does any one have any suggestions?  Have much fl/recorder rep, looking for Eh and guitar specifically.

Thanks

Re: ob/EH and guitar

heard a wonderful Piazzola piece  (Nightclub 1960) through the FB page-does anyone know if its published for ob/guitar?

This is part of the larger work "Histoire du Tango" for flute and guitar. With some edits, it's a great piece for oboe and guitar or even oboe and marimba (recording on YouTube).

You might check with guitarists as many piano parts, within reason, can be modified to work on guitar and give a completely fresh sound to many pieces. The Piazzolla "oblivion" comes to mind as well as the Ravel "piece in the form of a habanera" which I have heard both done with oboe and guitar.

Last edited by Oboehotty (2015-06-16 07:48:13)

Shawn Reynolds
Professor of Oboe/EH - Youngstown State University
Howland Schools - MS (director of bands); HS (Asst. Dir of Bands, Marching, Symphonic)

thanks
-we have done the Ravel many times, and also Cafe 1930 and Libertango.  It turns out that my guitarist actually has the Nightclub 1960, so we'll be reading it at rehearsal tomorrow!! Should be fun!!