Topic: IDRS Sponsor-a-Member

Dear Fellow Double-Reeders,

As many of you know, IDRS has a sponsor-a-member program which allows members to sponsor double reed players from around the world who might otherwise not be able to afford IDRS membership. For each of the past few years, fifty or more sponsors have donated this valuable resource to fellow oboists and bassoonists. 

I am writing now to invite you to consider participating in this program. You may indicate whether you would prefer to sponsor an oboist or a bassoonist, and you may suggest a geographical preference. For obvious reasons, it is not always possible to honor these requests, but I will try. Most of the sponsored members are students, so cost is $35 for the student membership ($50 if they are not students), plus $35 for the airmail postage surcharge. Most of the sponsored members live overseas, and the US Postal Service no longer allows international surface mail.

Further, if you know someone needy who would benefit from a sponsored membership to IDRS, please let me know that as well. Please respond directly to me and I will initiate the process.

Thanks in advance for your generous assistance with this important program.

Best wishes,
Martin

Martin Schuring
Professor of Oboe, Arizona State University
President, IDRS
http://www.public.asu.edu/~schuring/

Re: IDRS Sponsor-a-Member

Since 1995, members of the IDRS are providing membership to double reed players from around the world through a sponsor-a-member program. https://www.idrs.org/sponsor/index.php

Through this program, members have provided financial support to those who might otherwise not be able to afford the cost of IDRS membership. The cost of sponsoring a member is $35 for on-line membership (access to the on-line Double Reed Journal only), $50 for regular membership (hard copy of the Double Reed Journal sent via standard postage), and $95 for regular membership plus (hard copy of the Double Reed Journal sent via airmail). All memberships include access to all offerings on the IDRS website.

Yoshi Ishikawa
Professor of Bassoon, University of Colorado at Boulder, College of Music
Editor, IDRS OnLine Publications