Topic: An Interesting Teaching Idea from the UGA School of Music

An interesting facebook post by Amy Pollard Assoc. Prof of Bassoon University of Georgia.
"""""Last week was the culmination of many months of hard work in creating a new program at the UGA Hugh Hodgson School of Music. X-Week was a week of formalized lesson exchange within the school, where over 30 faculty from all areas volunteered lesson slots and students could sign up to have a lesson with another faculty member.
The participation was far more than I ever dreamed and I have already received some excellent feedback from students and faculty who participated in the process. I personally taught lessons in violin, euphonium, trombone, and oboe and had a fantastic time forming relationships with other students in the school. My students as well have been raving about their experiences working with other faculty.
Thank you to all my colleagues for the support in getting this off the ground. Already looking forward to doing this again next year!"""""

Re: An Interesting Teaching Idea from the UGA School of Music

This is a fantastic idea!!!

Shawn Reynolds
Professor of Oboe/EH - Youngstown State University
Howland Schools - MS (director of bands); HS (Asst. Dir of Bands, Marching, Symphonic)

Re: An Interesting Teaching Idea from the UGA School of Music

My undergrad at Millikin University started doing this my senior year 3 years ago! Took an improv lesson on bassoon with the jazz trumpet teacher. Also played Bach Cello Suite 1 for the cello professor and got some great feedback. Hope they're still doing it!

Edit: First post on the new account big_smile

Last edited by Topher Raym (2017-02-20 22:53:45)