Topic: Renting and/or buying student bassoon

Hi, All -

Just wondered if you have any recommendations for renting a good student bassoon (hopefully in the NYC area) and what would be the standard (ballpark) monthly fee for this.  Also, wondered if anyone's selling a student level bassoon. Please either contact me directly (jyjeter@lycos.com) or here. Thanks in advance for any future response/help. And Happy Holidaze to All!  Jim

James Jeter, D.M.A., NYC Bassoonist
"To love human beings is still the only thing worth living for; without that love, you really do not live." Soren Kierkegaard
"Whatever you do will be insignificant, but it is very important that you do it." Mahatma Gandhi  "Mach' es kurz! Am Juengsten Tag ist's nur ein Furz!" Goethe

Re: Renting and/or buying student bassoon

Hello Jim,

I have three bassoons that I have for sale, one is a Fox Model III (12,018) from around 1984.  It has a High D and E and a Right hand rotary lock and all new pads.  I also have a newer Renard 41 (32,100) with a high D and right hand standard lock.  Both horns have pro-tubes and are in very good shape.  The last horn is a Polisi bassoon with lots of options, High D, E, Ab/Bb trill, low C#D# trill and low B mute.  It also has all new pads.  All three will sell in the $3500 range.  I"m in Tucson until the new year and the horns are at my home in Northville.

Re: Renting and/or buying student bassoon

Thanks, rswbassoon - I'll contact you if my student is interested.

James Jeter, D.M.A., NYC Bassoonist
"To love human beings is still the only thing worth living for; without that love, you really do not live." Soren Kierkegaard
"Whatever you do will be insignificant, but it is very important that you do it." Mahatma Gandhi  "Mach' es kurz! Am Juengsten Tag ist's nur ein Furz!" Goethe